Crowley ISD contracts with Durham School Services for bus service. In an effort to provide safe bus transportation, students are expected to assist staff in maintaining a clean and orderly bus. When riding school buses, students are held to behavioral standards established in the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct.
The following safety rules shall be followed by students as related to boarding, riding, and exiting a bus:
• Students will board and exit the bus in an orderly manner at the designated bus stop nearest his or her home.
• Arrive at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the scheduled stop-time and wait a safe distance from where the bus stops. Three giant steps away from the stop is a good rule.
• When the bus arrives, do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop. Form a single line and board the bus (no pushing or breaking in line). Students will go directly to their assigned seat and sit in a safe position.
• Students will keep books, band instruments, feet, and other objects out of the aisle of the bus. Objects carried on the bus must be small enough to be held in the lap of the owner.
• When it is time to exit the bus, students will wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before getting up from the seat.
• Upon exiting the bus, students needing to cross the street shall wait until directed by the bus driver before crossing immediately in front of the bus.
The following rules will apply to student conduct on District transportation:
• Observe the same conduct as in the classroom and follow the driver’s directions at all times.
• Enter the bus and immediately go to the assigned seat.
• Talk in a normal tone of voice.
• Remain seated and facing forward in the assigned seat until time to exit the bus.
• Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus.
• Refrain from throwing objects within the bus or out of the windows.
• Use acceptable language; obscene, profane, unacceptable language, and/or gestures are prohibited.
• Refrain from eating and/or drinking on the bus.
• Keep the bus clean.
• Keep prohibited items [alcohol, drugs, weapons, tobacco products, paging devices (as applicable), radios, skateboards, etc.] off the bus.
• Refrain from tampering with the bus equipment.
• Students are required to be picked up and dropped off at their scheduled bus stop.
• Follow all rules outlined in the District’s Student Handbook and Code of Conduct, as well as safety rules established by the driver.
Bus drivers will report all violations to the school principal. The principal or designee will enforce the bus safety rules.
In the case of serious misconduct that endangers the safety of other passengers or the driver and causes the driver to stop the bus, the driver has the authority to call for law enforcement assistance who may issue a Disruption of Transportation Services citation.
Field Trips and Extracurricular Activities
All school bus rules apply to field trip and extracurricular activity buses.
Bus lanes are designated for buses only. For the safety of our students, parents are requested to drop off and pick up their students in the designated parent pick-up/drop-off area.