INTERMEDIATE LEVEL SPONGES
• List the continents of the world.
• Make up three names for rock groups.
• Name as many kinds of windstorms
you can. Name as many gems or precious stones as you can.
• Write the names of all the girls
in your class.
• Name as many teachers
at this school as you can. List
many states as you can.
• Write: (1) an abbreviation; (2) a Roman numeral;
(3) a trademark; (4)
a proper name? (biographical); (5) a proper
• How many countries and their capitals
you name? How many baseball teams
can you name?
• Write down as
cartoon characters as you can.
• List as many kinds of flowers
as you can.
• Turn to your
neighbor. One of you tell the other
about an interesting experience you have had. The listener must be prepared to retell the story to the class.
• Write what you would do if you saw an elephant in your backyard.
as many types
ice creams as you can.
• List five parts of the body that have three letters.
• List one manufactured item for
each letter of the alphabet.
List as many nouns in the room as
• List the mountain ranges
the United States.
Make a list of five things you do after school.
• List one proper
noun for each letter
• Write one kind of food beginning with each letter
as many holidays as
• Name as many bells as you can that are used in sports games. List
many United States presidents as you can.
• List all the work tools
you can think of.
• List as many models
cars as you can. Name all the colors you know.
• How many parts
an auto can you list?
• How many animals can you list that begin with vowels?
List as many kinds of trees
• Name as many countries
the world as you can. List
many personal pronouns as
• List as many kinds
transportation as you can.
• How many different kinds of languages can you name?
You have five children. Make up their names.