CISD Meal Charge Policy

  • The district has a grace period of two (2) days whereas any student without funds for a meal will not be required to take an alternative meal. Following the grace period district students eligible for free, reduced price, and full price meals may charge up to the value of two meals. After the two meals are charged, students will be provided with an alternate meal. Alternate meals will consist of a sunbutter and jelly sandwich, cheese sandwich, or salad as well as a choice of side items to be in compliance with USDA regulations. Letters are sent home weekly for Elementary and Intermediate students to inform parents of their child’s negative account balance. All Middle School and High School students will be informed of their account balance by the cafeteria cashier as they come through the serving line. 

    Charges are not permitted for a la carte items. 

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. 

    To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.